The Documentary Hypothesis (DH) was a theory proposed by German scholar Julius Wellhausen (1844-1918) which suggests that the starting signal five books of the Bible (the Pentateuch) match a combination of documents from quartette originally independent sources. The editor who combined the sources into the final Pentateuch is known as the Redactor, whom Friedman believes to have been Ezra. Wellhausen suggested that the four sources presented a picture of Israel’s religious history, which he saw as one of ever-increasing centralization and priestly power.
& coppers eye; elicit in purity and impurity
• Concerned with the South/Judah, and formulation favorably upon its neighbor Edom.
• J supports Judah against Israel (ex.
The acquisition of Shechem, favored city in E, through massacre- Genesis 34)
• Refers to manufacturer as Yahweh
• Yahweh walks in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3)
• Noah and the natural spring- it lasted 40 days and 40 nights (Genesis 7)
• Noah sends out a dove (Genesis 8:10)
• “Man and woman”, “ antheral and female”- when talking about the Creation of Man and the animals qualifying into the Ark (Genesis 1:27 and 7:9)
• “Died” (Genesis 7:22)
• Human-like perfection
• Oldest source; J makes up half of Genesis, the first half of Exodus and parts of Numbers.
• Presents a deity who arse regret his actions (ex. God’s promise to Noah that he will not destroy the earth by flood again- Genesis 8:20-22).
• Presents a deity who can also be dissuaded (ex. The text presents God as about to destroy the city of Sodom, however Abraham is able to dissuade him, until God consents to save the city if only as many as ten righteous/worthy individuals can be open up within the city- Genesis 18:16-33).
• Supports the priests who descended from Aaron who were in Jerusalem, the detonator of Judah.
•...If you want to get a full essay, found it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .