Robert Stump
BSHS/312
December 17, 2012
Stacy Robertson
Model of Helping Paper
aft(prenominal) spending some time trying to determine and what method I feel I use in my professional career as well as my personalized life would have to be Gestalt. According to West capital of Connecticut Counseling Center (2012), Gestalt therapy is a type of therapy used to interchange our awareness of ourselves and our feelings in a less intellectual stylus than the more traditional forms of therapy. (para. 1-11). This past week has made me do some intense soul-searching and without the use of Gestalt method I fear I might have had a vexed time processing the information required to face this situation.
On Friday evening I received a phone border from a family member who had informed me that my younger brother had connected suicide. The Gestalt methods I have incorporated into my life helped me to accept the feelings I was experiencing. This is a very difficult time my family is facing and I will attempt to show how the Gestalt method is helping not only my family but also myself. According to West capital of Connecticut Counseling Center (2012), Gestalt therapy can help shed aerial on unfinished business by helping us to focus our awareness on our feelings (or lack of feelings) moment to moment.
in one case we recognize our unfinished business,( i.e. uncomfortable feelings, stuck patterns of behavior, or ways in which we perceive ourselves and others that are based on our experiences as contrary to reality), we are better equipped to understand ourselves and to choose whether we essential to make changes or not. (para. 1-11).
The Gestalt method of therapy was an easy choice for me and my exceptional style of counseling. This theory deals with current situations which in turn puddle the feelings and behaviors that come from this. By focusing on the current issues at hand versus other methods which primarily deal with past events it helps the counsellor focus on the issues at hand and offers viable...If you want to bump a full essay, order it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .
No comments:
Post a Comment